Oasis in the Desert

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dogs Vs Cats

SMART CAT

Today, I was visiting with my neighbor (who, by the way, have three small dogs and a cat living with them in their fifth wheel), when my neighbor pointed to our door and our cat, Boo Boo, was neatly opening the sliding small door that covers the latch and then, he just pushed down on the latch and opened the door for his escape. He goes outside and will not be caught, but eventually he always returns to his home to us.

The lap cat

OUR LIFE AS DOG OWNERS

We read so many blogs that the writers have such happy times with their dogs and their pets are just simply part of their family.  We never had such good luck with dogs.  I could write a short book on my dog experiences.  Perhaps, dogs are too smart for me or we are just bad dog parents.  We had a robbery in our house in CA years ago and we went to the pound and adopted a small (we thought yappy) poodle.  The dog never barked, but he peed on every square inch of our house.  We tried every possible way to train her and she finally shot out the door one day and never returned.

BOO BOO, THE BLACK CAT IN OUR RV

For a cat, he is pretty social.  He sleeps with us and pretty much just hangs around except for the occasional trip to the outside.  He likes to get up under the rig and hide,  likes others rigs too.  He uses his litter box without fail and travels well.  Not all cats travel well.  We took this one on a test drive to make sure he would not howl or mewl.  He just rides in his carrier and sleeps. We have a Class C Rig and he is always up on the dash when we return in our towed.  I wonder if he is 1/2 dog?

Boo's view of the world
WELL, NOT ALWAYS A GENIUS

Today, I was boiling eggs in my mini kitchen and the cat loves to get up on the cabinet.  He did that in the big house.  Bad Boy, but I am a solicitious Mother.  I smelled something burning and his tail was starting to singe.  It didn't hurt him, but made a kind of black dusty mess.  Sure did smell.  Oh well, more to come,  Herb, Cindy, and Boo too

Cat's eyes are like snake eyes


No comments: