Oasis in the Desert

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chaper I: Epilogue to the winter journey 2008-2009

Settled in on the Taneycomo Lake at Branson Lakeside RV Park
Stormy and the HHR resting after a long journey


One-half mile from our RV site is the historical town of Branson


We have finally arrived at our summer destination

“I have not told half of what I saw” were the last words of Marco Polo on his death bed when asked if there was anything else he could share about his adventures of the Far East. I will copy his words. The trek across Mexico was a splendid adventure. One of the best! And I have only told half of what I saw and experienced. We will have to be very creative to top this trip on our next winter adventure. Back to Mexico, perhaps a trip to China, or who knows – we have six months to formulate our plans.

We are looking forward to a pleasant and rewarding experience this summer in Branson, MO. We enjoy our work with Camping World as Goodwill Ambassadors as we will call on many of the campgrounds in the area. We will take in the many shows and events, cruise Tabletop Lake, boat on the White River (perhaps catch a few trout), and meet many new faces as we tour the Ozarks. Of course, we have already purchased a season pass to Silver Dollar City and look forward to the festivals they are presenting this summer and fall.

The economy – well, when you are served lemons, make lemonade. Savor what you have and don’t worry about what you don’t have. Our success is not measured by the dollars we make, but by the quality of life we are able to achieve.

So ends this blog… "Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased," wrote John Steinbeck, who also wrote "We do not take a trip, a trip takes us." Lynne, please send me notice of your blog and future journeys. And thanks to Charlotte, Shanon, Dana, Kathy, Walt and Rosy, Homer, and Brother Tom for riding along with us.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I enjoyed your trip from my cold and rainy winter home, more than I can say. I loved the pictures and sometimes could almost feel the 'warm'.
Thank you for letting me ride along, virtually if nothing else.
We have nothing planned for this year as there has been some movement to send me south for a summer job. Once I get the official yea or nay, then we will make plans.
We are headed to Northeastern Washington late May, early June, but that is hardly the adventure that I am looking forward to.
2010 will be the big one, New Mexico and Utah are on the short list.
Thanks again