Oasis in the Desert

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cloud in the sky

Our world has been covered by a large heat dome.  Thus the extremely hot weather in Texas and Oklahoma.  We do pray...mostly for our air conditioner to keep working.  There are those who have seriously prayed and it just seems to get hotter.

Tonight, we have a cloud in the west.  The temp outside is still 101.  It has been a strange year.  Of course, many say it is global warning.  We have looked at past years and this one is sometimes a record, and sometimes just as hot as past years.

My husband thinks that it is a great year, as the grass has not grown an iota.  In fact, the grass looks January-like.  The mower sits unused, replete with a new battery for the reason that when the rains come, the grass grows like crazy here.  I don't think it will happen this year. I continue to water my one healthy weed.  Some animal managed to work its way under a wire fence and eat my only tomato on four plants.  Not a good year for an avid gardener.

Now, we think about winter when we will complain about the cold.  Oklahoma has a short winter season normally.  Although last year was pretty cold.  I have seen it 80 on Thanksgiving.  I do hope for some rain so that the farmer's can plant the winter wheat.  Farming is the way of life for many here.

Nuff about the weather....more to come H, C, and Boo too

No comments: