Oasis in the Desert

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today's Plan for the Future (a little of the past)

Today,  we discuss again our plan for the future. I think that all Americans are upset with the actions of our elected officials.  It is just not fair that we voted to trust them and a small minority is not thinking in our best interests.  Many of us are dependent to a degree on our Social Security and we DID give the gov our money and our employers matched those funds.  Entitlement??  I think not.  A savings account that we trusted.  It is surely irresponsible of those in office to scare elders about what may be their only source of income.  BEWARE,  those elected, can be ousted.

Anyway....we are paralyzed by the heat.  It is tempting to head back to central Mexico where the temps are moderate year around.  That reminds me of a day in our life in Mexico.

We worked for a travel agency in Guadalajara.  Viajes Vikingo.  Travel with the Viking or something of the sort.  One day I was sitting in the office and a man in a mask brandishing a gun came in the door and threatened us all.  The customer at my desk grabbed me and we both hit the floor.  The young Senora in the front of the office told him in Spanish to go away and did not seem even concerned.  I was pretty much scared out of my mind.

It seemed that they had been robbed before and kept no airline stock in that branch.  They were a large, multi-agency group.  She said afterwards that it was the same guys who came before and stole the airline stock.  It is just like money.  We all just went back to work, didn't even call the policia.  Whew,  first time I had a gun pointed at me.

Another exciting day in our travels.  Guess you can see why it is hard to settle in.
More to come....H, C, and Boo too

No comments: